Tuesday, October 23, 2007

1st Homecoming!

I did it, I finally made it home!! Today I left the ICN and made my way home. Well, partially home, I stopped off at Oma and Poppy's and I'll be here a couple of days until I head to my house in Macungie!

I'm sad in some ways because I'm going to miss my nurses at the ICN: Meghan, Patty, Kim, Dianne, Vildan, Chris, etc... :( I saw Meghan today but no one else :( I'm sad I didn't get to say goodbye to everyone else. I'm going to miss my friend Sophie too, she's still in the hospital. I hope he gets to go home real soon. I wish I could tell her now how wonderful it is to be held by mommy and daddy ALL the time. I bet if she knew that then she'll get better so her mommy and daddy could hold her all the time too!

I went home without any monitors! The Dr said that during my sleep study I didn't have any Bradys or apneas. He hasn't had a sleep study come out this positive in years!
You know what, today was the first time I've been outside since I've been born! I wasn't out for very long. It's a lot different being outside, it's much louder and brighter and bumpier! Mommy sat in the back seat with me while daddy drove. She wanted to make sure that I was ok in my seat because I'm still so tiny! By the way, my weight leaving the hospital today was 3lbs 13oz, just 3oz shy of 4lbs!

I had a few visitors today. Besides Oma and Poppy (they live here so of course they'd be here) , Granny and Big Pop-Pop stopped by and this other thing was there. It wasn't a human that's for sure but I don't know what it was!
































I'm excited for tomorrow, Keri and Courtney are going to come see me! They're going to get to hold me for the first time too! I'm so excited I can't fall asleep, I think I'll keep mommy and daddy awake with me too ;)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you went home. CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! Kathy S

Anonymous said...

Hey SeƱorita,

Im very excited for you!!! CONGRATULATIONS and please be good to your Mom and Dad!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah Jamison - what wonderful news. I'm happy for all of you to finally be out of the hospital. I'm sure you have mixed emotions about leaving, but I will guarantee that your treatment at home will be even better than what you got before. Your Mommy and Daddy have been waiting a long time for you to come home, plus your big sisters too!

Of course Oma and Poppy are so excited, but I'm sure they have mixed emotions about you going home - home. Expect to see them alot - just a heads up!

Blessing to all and keep growing! I look forward to hearing about the big #4 mark on the scale.

Diane O.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Jamison! Good work, little one. Your friends here in Macungie cannot wait to meet you! I am so very happy for you and your family. Keep it up! You are a champ :o)

Anonymous said...

Congatulations Jamison! Way to Go!
Welcome home to Oma & Poppy's - enjoy your time there with them cause they are thrilled to have you there and are going to miss you very, very much when you go home to your house. I'm betting your sisters are crazy waiting for you to get there. I love your new pics Jamison...styling! Hope to see you soon!
Love, Aunt Deb

Terri said...

The day every one has been waiting for has finally come! Keep on making progress and I know you'll make your Mommy and Daddy so happy. With Keri and Courtney, you all make a great family.
Love, Mom-Mom

Anonymous said...

Jamison- all I can say is I am sooo happy and proud of you! Your whol family must ne so overwhelmed with happiness and joy to finally have you home! Mommy tells me you are already breaking her in on your first night home, hehe. :) Keep up the good wprk and I cant wait to finally meet you!! Love, Lisa and Baby to be Ava

PS- Thats a cute kitty your Omahas! Make friends!!

Anonymous said...

PS- I can really spell, I did go to school with your mommy for years ,ya know,lol! Its my nails- too long and not baby proof yet! :)

Anonymous said...

Jamison: Poppy has a great idea. With you coming home & everyone wanting to see & hold you, I figure WE can make some money. How does one dollar to look & two dollars to hold you for up to one minute. We'll be GIZILLIONARIES.

This was better than any old football homecoming.

Love you Always Forever.

Poppy

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamison!

That is AWESOME that you're home now. You're gonna have so much fun with your mommy and daddy! Couldn't you just taste the freedom when you left the hospital?! Did you like your first car ride? It's kind of fun, all those bumps - Wheeeeeeeeee!!!

Anyway, now that you're home, I bet we'll get a chance to meet face-to-face soon! My mommy said not too soon though because you still have to get a little bigger so you can fight off germs, whatever they are...!

I hope you have fun in the next couple of days! I'll write back later to check up on you!

Cole

Anonymous said...

Home at last, home at last. You're finally home at last. That thing that you didn't think was human was poppy. A lot of folks make that mistake.
Congradulattions on making it "home". I hope you'll be keeping everyone posted on your progress with your blog.
Love,
G.U.Joe and G.A.Dee

Anonymous said...

A great big Texas YEEEE-HAAAAWWWWW!!! Way to go Jamison - keep growing, strong & steady! Best from your daddy's coworkers!

Anonymous said...

Whooopie! Jamison's home! Look out world, here she comes! I get chills just thinking about it...
Hope to see you soon.
Love,
Diane Weldon

KimField said...

Kiddo - you look darn good in those pictures! ...And I am sure that your family is excited to be holding you for the first time. You need to get your crazy Uncle Shinebox to hold you next.

PS - Don't be scared of Norman the cat - I'm sure you'll like him when you get older and can grab his tail;)